Patient’s Name: NADIA
She complains about chronic back pain and then was diagnosed with high creatinine. That has lasted for 4 years. Medicines didn’t work, so she began to find other alternatives. On July 24th, 2015, 3:50pm, we received her.
1. Urine test report on July 28th, 2015: occult blood +, R-WBC 10-13/HPF
2. Urine Test report on August 10th, 2015: Occult blood +_, R-WBC3-5/HPF.
3. Blood test result on August 1st, 2015: Serum Creatinine 848umol/L, RBP (retinol binding protein) 108mg/L.
4. Blood test result on August 20th, 2015: Serum Creatinine 707umol/L, RBP 55mg/L.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Symptom: Chronic back pain and 4 years of high creatinine level.
Test result in certain hospital in Algeria in July, 2011: Serum creatinine 270umol/L; Abdominal ultrasound shows Polycystic Kidney Disease and Polycystic Liver Disease.
In July, 2013, Algeria: Blood Pressure 140/100mmHg; Protein +,occult blood-, serum creatinine 800umol/L;A family history of Polycystic Kidney Disease; End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD); Renal Hypertension; Polycystic Liver Disease.
Test report in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital
-Urinalysis: Glucose+-, protein+-, occult blood+.
-Electrolyte: Sodium 134mmol/L, chlorine 95.1mmol/L, calcium 2.30mmol/L, total carbon dioxide15.0mmol/L, phosphorous2.69mmol/L.
-Seven items of renal function: Serum Creatinine 1199umol/L, uric acid 410umol/L,PTH 673.3pg/ml.
-Abdomen Ultrasound: Polycystic Kidney Disease; Bilateral Multiple Kidney Stones.
-Heart: pericardial effusion (small amount)
Supplementary diagnosis: Electrolyte disorder; secondary hyperparathyroidism; secondary hyperuricemia; Bilateral Multiple Kidney Stones; pericardial effusion (small amount); chronic cholecystitis.
-Regular peritoneal dialysis helps remove blood toxins
-Amlodipine Besylate Tablets 5mg1/d controls blood pressure
- Calcium Carbonate Chewable Tablets 1.25 2/d and Calcitriol Soft Capsules 1ug2/week adjust metabolism of calcium and phosphorous
- Febuxostat Tablets20mg1/d inhibit formation of uric acid
- Iron Polysaccharide Complex Capsules0.15 1/d is used as iron supplement
- Folic Acid Tablets5mg1/d to add folic acid
Traditional Chinese Medicine:
-Oral Chinese herbal decoction
-Chinese herbal Foot Bath
Duration: She was treated in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital for 39 days, and recovered health. She discharged from our hospital on Sept 1st, 2015, 5:30pm.
Summary: As for Miss NADIA’s illness condition, she has great hope of getting off dialysis if she keeps on our Chinese herbal treatment. With improved kidney function and healthy diet, her condition will surely improve. Best wishes to her!
Director of International Department: Dr.John (赵彦锁)