Kidney Transplant is a method to prolong Kidney Failure patient’s lifespan. A good diet is pretty important before or after this procedure. You may need to adjust your diet to keep the kidneys functioning well. Is post kidney transplant patient allowed to have kiwi fruit?
Kiwi effects on kidney transplant patients
Kiwi fruit is rich in potassium. This mineral may be restricted in your diet, according to you blood test result. High potassium levels in the blood may cause breath problems, muscle soreness and weakness, etc. You can send your test report to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our doctors can give you specific suggestions for free.
In addition to kiwi fruit, bananas, avocados, oranges, pears, grapefruits, mango, peach, apricots, most melons, cantaloupes, casabas and honeydew should be avoided. Yet, watermelon is usually allowed. Frozen grape juice, cranberry juice and apple juice are normally permitted.
A general diet guidance for kidney transplant patients
Specific may vary from person to person since the cases are different. The general recommendations may include:
● Eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables each day
● Avoiding above listed fruits in case of interaction with immunosuppressant agents.
● Having enough fiber in your daily diet
● Drinking low-fat milk or eating other low-fat dairy products, which is important to maintain optimal calcium and phosphorus levels
● Maintaining a low-salt and low-fat diet
● Staying hydrated by drinking adequate water and other fluids each day
Many people complain about some complications of kidney transplant, since this process isn’t the perfect way for Kidney Failure patients. The key of treating kidney disease is to improve the renal function. You may as well take TCM (traditional Chinese medicine). We have almost 30 years of using TCM to treat kidney disease, and we gain great reputation in this field. If you need help, please be free to contact us.