Some cancer treatments cause damage to the kidneys that can result in Kidney Failure that can be acute or chronic. Acute Kidney Failure is usually reversible but not the same case with Chronic Kidney Failure which is caused by a long term damage from cancer treatment.
How does cancer treatment cause kidney damage?
Some drugs used in cancer treatment are the culprits of kidney damage. These chemotherapy drugs can cause renal dysfunction by damaging the blood vessels or renal tissues.
What are the symptoms of kidney damage?
● Decreased urination
● Painful or frequent urination
● Dark urine
● Blood and/or protein in your urine
● Muscle soreness or weakness
● Swelling in your feet or ankles
● Nausea or vomiting
● High blood pressure
● Skin itching
How is kidney damage treated?
● Diet restrictions
Your doctor will ask you to take some substances with limited amount, such as protein, sodium, potassium, and phosphorous, etc. Read “What Diet Is Needed By Patients With Kidney Failure” for guidance.
It can help the kidney filter wastes and toxins in the blood. It can be lifesaving but cannot solve the underlying problem
● A unique therapy in our hospital
Experts in our hospital—Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, have innovated a unique therapy called “Four Plus Seven Therapy”. Here is brief introduction of this therapy.
“Four” refers to four types of medicines:
1. One bottle of Mai-Kang Composition(MKM)
2. One dose of Traditional Chinese Medicine decoction
3. A packet of medicine for external application on Shenshu (an acupoint on the kidney area)
4. A pot of medical fluid for Foot Bath
“Seven” refers to seven kinds of therapies:
1. Fuming or steaming: Expand the micro blood vessels to improve blood circulation.
2. Medicated Bath: Increase urine output and perspiration to discharge wastes and toxins.
3. Cycle Therapy: This therapy can date back to Qing Dynasty. The Chinese herbs are made into medicine gunk, and is placed onto the corresponding acupoints to unlock the obstructed blood stream.
6. Foot Bath therapy: One of the main therapies in our hospital. It is created from hundreds of Chinese herbs and has great effects on treating kidney disease.
You can consult our doctor online for suggestions about which therapy is right for you. Or you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message below for more information about us or these therapies.