Due to many factors, the kidneys may be severely damaged and fail to work. In some cases, the kidney has to be removed. If one kidney failures, how long can you live? It depends. Read on, and find condition that is similar to you.
Factors that can affect prognosis
Our kidneys have a strong compensatory ability. Therefore, even though one kidney fails, the other one can work more to function well. As long as you can protect the kidneys from damage again, you can live a normal life as others.
However, there are some people will see some symptoms of kidney damage again due to loss of kidney function.
What are the symptoms of kidney damage?
1. Swelling. Swelling or edema is a water-sodium retention, since the kidneys cannot form enough urine to remove excessive fluid.
2. Fatigue. Do not ignore this condition. If you feel tired all the time even with a slight work, you should be concerned. This condition is always caused by anemia. Anemia occurs due to reduced red blood cells. Impaired kidneys fail to secrete enough EPO that is responsible for the generation of red blood cells. As a result, fatigue is a common symptom of damaged kidneys.
3. Protein in urine. When glomeruli, the filters in the kidneys are damaged, the protein can pass through these tiny nephrons, resulting in proteinuria.
How to improve kidney function?
1. Eat a low-sodium diet. In general, you are recommended to take sodium not more than 6g each day, and less will be preferable.
2. Exercise regularly. It is to boost your immunity to prevent from infection or other diseases, protecting your kidneys. Swimming, Tai Chi, biking, waking, Yoga, etc are all good for you.
3. Foot Bath
We have add some Traditional Chinese Medicines (TCMs) into the water. These herbs are micronized and made into medical liquid. The types, concentration of the medical foot bath liquid may differ from individuals to individuals. In that case, you can leave a message below or email to email@example.com. We will reply you within 24 hours.