Renal cyst or Kidney Cyst is a round pouch that can be filled with clear fluid, plasma, or air. The cyst can grow to large size and cause kidney damage. This article is about the prognosis and treatment for renal cyst. Any questions, please email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or consult the doctors online.
The prognosis is determined by many factors, including the patient’s age, physical health, medication history, complications, the nature and stages of kidney cyst. Let me explain to you.
● Nature of cyst. There are two types of renal cyst: simple and complex kidney cyst. Complex renal cyst has a more complicated internal structure and have a higher chance of being cancerous. Simple kidney cyst generally has a better prognosis than the complex one.
● Stages of renal cyst. In the early stage, the cyst is small and cause no obvious symptoms. However, in the advanced stages, a renal cyst can grow to very large and may rupture. This prognosis of early stage of renal cyst is surely better than the latter.
● Complications. If blood pressure and cholesterol level is well controlled, patients will have a better prognosis.
● Diet. Even though a diet can not cure kidney cyst, it can slow the progression and prevent from some symptoms. A low-sodium and low-protein diet is recommended. In addition, greasy and spicy foods are not allowed for kidney cyst patients.
● Medicines. If you are experiencing some symptoms like lower back pain, abdominal pain, high blood pressure, protein or blood in the urine, and want to take medicines to relieve these discomforts, you should consult your doctors. Avoid potential toxic medicines for the kidneys.
● Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy. This therapy is used externally on kidney area. The processed Chinese herbs take effects with the help of osmotic device. The ingredients can permeate into kidney lesions directly and help repair damaged renal tissues, in order to improve kidney function.