IgA Nephropathy is also called Berger’s Disease characterized by predominant IgA deposition in the glomerular mesangium. It is the most common cause of glomerulonephritis in the world. Line of treatment for IgA Nephropathy is very necessary and you can find a guidance in this article.
Goal of treatment for IgA Nephropathy
● Control high blood pressure within a reasonable level 125/75–130/80 mm Hg.
● Reduce proteinuria in patients whose 24-hour urine protein level is 500 mg or more.
Line of treatment for IgA Nephropathy
● Hypertensive drugs. This kind of medicine includes ACEIs (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors) and ARBs (angiotensin II receptor blockers). They cannot only lower high blood pressure but also have an additive effect in decreasing proteinuria.
● Prednisone. As the most commonly used steroid for IgA Nephropathy patients, prednisone has shown to be effective in reducing proteinuria. Usually, prednisone are given to them for 4-6 months.
● Mycophenolate mofetil has been also used in patients with IgA nephropathy associated with proteinuria.
Note: Consult your doctor or our experts online for the specific dosage of the above medicines.
● Fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids) at a dose of 12 g/d has been used with controversial and conflicting results, but it is frequently used in patients with declining renal function.
● Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy. It is an external application used on bilateral Shenshu acupoints. Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it can improve blood circulation by expand blood vessels, fighting against inflammation and degrading extracellular matrixes. Then, kidneys can get enough blood volume and oxygen to repair the damaged renal tissues. Therefore, kidney function can be protected and enhanced. This is the key of treatment for IgA Nephropathy. If you are interested in this therapy, please email to us at email@example.com or leave a message below.