IgA Nephropathy is kind of kidney disease characterized by inflammation on glomeruli, which is caused by accumulation of immunoglobulin A on Glomerular mesangial area. Is IgA Nephropathy curable?
Prognosis of IgA Nephropathy
IgA Nephropathy or Berger’s Disease cannot be prevented or has no cure. Some people may live with the disease without many complications. But half of the people who do get IgA Nephropathy may progress to Kidney Failure. If this kidney disease can be well treated, patients can live normally as others.
Treatment for IgA Nephropathy
The treatment goal should include two goals: controlling symptoms and improving renal function. Traditional methods for IgA Nephropathy can achieve the first goal, but cannot improve kidney function. Therefore, I give the following suggestions:
● Medicines: High blood pressure medications (such as ACE inhibitors and ARBs); Immunosuppressants (such as corticosteroids and methylprednisolone).
● Omega-3 fatty acids (reduces inflammation in the kidneys)
● Vitamin E (may be prescribed by your doctor; reduces protein in the urine)
● Kidney-friendly diet: reduce sodium intake; watch out you protein intake, and half of your foods should be high-quality protein sources; limit the potassium and phosphorous intake.
● Traditional Chinese Medicine:
-Maikang Composition: It is an Chinese herbal decoction used to promote Qi (energy flow) and unlock meridians, to improve blood circulation. Therefore, the waste can be discharged adequately by the kidneys.
-Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy: It is an external application used on bilateral Shenshu acupoints. With osmotic device, the properties of the medicines can permeate into kidney lesions directly. They have the function of expanding blood vessels, reduce inflammation on glomeruli and degrade the extracellular matrixes. Therefore, the kidneys can get enough blood volume and oxygen to repair the damaged renal tissues, thus improving kidney function.
If you are interested in our medicines, you can get more details about them. Leaving a message below or email to email@example.com is OK. This consultation is free.