Ginseng has been one of the most popular herbs used in Asia and North America. However, not everyone can take this herb because there are so many kinds of ginseng and patient should choose the right one based on their own condition. Is ginseng good for IgA Nephropathy patients? In most cases, ginseng do more goods than harms.
Benefits of ginseng on kidney disease patients
1. Enhance immunity
2. Prevent cardiovascular problems
3. Reducing blood fat and the risk of atherosclerosis
4. Inhibit cancer and tumor
5. Promote blood circulation, regulate immune system and metabolism.
IgA Nephropathy is characterized by Immunoglobulin A deposition on glomerular mesangial area, causing inflammation. Since your immune system has been disturbed, ginseng can help you restore the abnormal immune ability.
1. Ginseng comes in a range of forms including tablets, capsules, softgel, powder, extracts, teas, and creams. When choosing a ginseng supplement, look for one that is made with high quality ingredients, and that has been processed as little as possible. Ensure that the supplement has at least 7 percent ginsenosides. Start at the lower end of the dosage range and slowly increase your intake.
2. Tell your doctor what medicines you are taking in case of interactions between drugs and ginseng.
3. If you have such discomforts such as headache, headaches, dizziness, stomach upset, nervousness and insomnia, etc that you doubt they are caused by long-term use of high dosage of ginseng, call your doctor immediately.
Other treatment for IgA Nephropathy
You know you cannot depend on one certain herb to treat your disease, a comprehensive and effective treatment is the key. Immunotherapy is an innovation of our hospital—Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, and it can help you recover the normal system. Meanwhile, with the use of Traditional Chinese Medicines, we can treat kidney disease by repairing renal intrinsic renal cells so as to improve your kidney function. This way can help you solve the underlying problem.
To sum up, taking supplements are not bad thing, but you should take then under your doctor’s guidance. What’s more, a proper and timely treatment is very necessary for you in case of further renal damage. If you need our help, you can leave a message below or talk with our doctor online.