High creatinine can be caused by many underlying conditions. Both dehydration and kidneys damage are common causes of high creatinine.
How does dehydration cause high creatinine?
Dehydration means your body lose more fluid than you take. As a result, the kidneys cannot produce enough urine to filter blood wastes, including creatinine.
Tests for kidney disease
If you are not sure whether your kidneys are damaged, you are suggested to take some tests, including:
● Blood test (creatinine; blood urea nitrogen (BUN); glomerular filtration rate)
● Urine tests: urinalysis; urine protein; microalbuminuria; creatinine clearance)
● Imaging test: Ultrasound and CT scan
● Kidney biopsy
Consult your doctor what test you should do to check the renal function. You can send the test report to us, and our doctor on duty will reply you within 24 hours.
Possible symptoms of kidney disease
● Fluid-retention: swelling in extremities; shortness of breath.
● Urine changes: Foamy and bubbly urine; red, dark brown or cola-colored urine, which indicates blood in urine; frequent and urgent urine; more or less urine output than usual).
● Sleep disorder that is always related to muscle cramps and restless leg syndrome.
● Skin itching
● Bone problems
● High blood pressure
If you are experiencing any symptoms listed above, you can consult our doctor online directly. This consultation is free.
How to lower creatinine?
Treatment should be treated based on the real causes. As for patients with dehydration, patients need to take enough fluid intake. And medicines are sometimes necessary to relieve other symptoms.
As for kidney disease patients, they are suggested to take traditional Chinese medicines to improve kidney function so that creatinine can be discharged effectively and naturally. Wanna more details about our natural remedies, please do not hesitate to contact with us!