Dysentery is an inflammatory disorder of the intestine, especially of the colon. If left untreated, dysentery can be fatal. Well then, are there any home remedies for dysentery in dialysis patients? To find the treatment, you should first know the causes.
For dialysis patients, dysentery occurs because the gastrointestinal tract has been affected by kidney problems, such as kidney stones and renal failure.
Dysentery is characterized by a colic pain in the abdominal area, ulceration and inflammation of the bowel and liquid stools along with blood and mucus.
1. Take a fast drink of orange juice and water as long as the symptoms are present.
2. Take a glassful of buttermilk with a pinch of rock salt, black pepper, dried ginger root, and roasted cumin seed powder. Have this in the morning with buttermilk, and again later in the day with lukewarm water.
3. Boil 50g of pomegranate rind in 200ml of milk until only 70ml of milk remains. Divide it into 3 equal parts and have 3 times a day.
4. Avoid spicy, greasy, fried, stale, canned, and refrigerated food. Foods like yam, potato, and sweet potato should also be restricted.
5. Take simple and easily digestible foods like boiled rice and porridge.
6. Avoid overeating, eating before the previous meal is digested, late night dinners, and in-between meal snacking.
7. Take a complete bed rest as any movement aggravates distressing symptoms and induces pain.
8. Application of hot water bag over the abdominal area is also very helpful.
Apart from the above listed foods or methods, there are some other choices that can be taken as home remedies for dysentery in dialysis patients. As condition varies from individual to individual, you’d better ask for your doctor’s advice about what you can eat and do. Our experts online are also very glad to do you a favor.