Even though dialysis is a life-saving method, it can cause some side effects. Diabetics may also experience the following problems. If you need medical or other advice to deal with these issues, you can email to us at email@example.com or consult our doctors online directly.
Side effects of dialysis on diabetics
● Difficult control of blood sugar level: Patients get large quantity of glucose after dialysis, and the dialysis bag or catheter may adsorb insulin, leading to difficult control of blood sugar level.
● A high risk of cardiovascular diseases
● Low blood pressure. The incident rate is 20 percent. It is more common in diabetics.
● High blood pressure: Hemodialysis is more likely to cause high blood pressure then peritoneal dialysis. About half of Diabetic Nephropathy patients who are at the end stage of kidney disease have to take methods to lower blood pressure.
● Bone problems
● Malnutrition: It is always related to nausea, vomiting and poor appetite.
● Dry and itchy skin
● Restless leg syndrome
Treatment to prevent or relieve discomforts in dialysis
Treatment is based on the direct cause of your problems. Your health provide will provide you right treatment suggestion.
Actually, to manage these problems, you just need to do one thing, that is, improving kidney function. As long as the kidney function can be improved, the kidneys can work adequately and patients will need less dialysis.
To achieve that goal, I recommend you to take Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The use of TCM has a long history in China and now is very popular all over the word. After decades years of researches and clinic practices, we innovate several therapies based on TCM. They can expand blood vessels to improve blood circulation. More important, it can repair damaged renal tissues, thus enhancing renal function and reduce the frequency of dialysis.