Renal failure may be acute or chronic, both of which can result from problems with medications. Malpractice of medication in Diabetic Nephropathy may lead to renal failure. First of all, let’s take a look at what kinds of medications they take.
Medicines used for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy
1. ACEIs (Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors) or ARBs (Angiotensin II receptor blockers). Captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril, candesartan, irbesartan, losartan potassium, and telmisartan. You may be given both an ACE inhibitor and an ARB.
3. Calcium channel blockers: This kind of medicine lowers blood pressure by making blood flow through the vessels fluently. Examples include amlodipine, diltiazem, or verapamil.
4. Diuretics: Medicines such as chlorthalidone, hydrochlorothiazide, or spironolactone help lower blood pressure by removing sodium and water from the body.
5. Beta-blockers: They lower blood pressure by slowing down your heartbeat and reducing the amount of blood pumped with each heartbeat. Examples include atenolol, carvedilol, or metoprolol. Beta-blockers may cause diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and stomach cramps, dizziness or headache.
6. NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ): Aspirin, celebrex, motrin, indocin, toradol, aleve, and naprosyn.
7. Three types of blood glucose-lowering drugs
- Sulfonylureas: These diabetes pills lower blood sugar by causing the pancreas to release more insulin.
- Biguanides: These diabetes pills improve insulin's ability to move sugar into cells especially into the muscle cells.
- Thiazolidinediones: These diabetes pills improve insulin's effectiveness in muscle and in fat tissue. They lower the amount of sugar released by the liver and make fat cells more sensitive to the effects of insulin.
Why does medication of diabetic nephropathy cause renal failure?
The above listed medicines sometimes have side-effects if patients take with over dose or incorrectly. As we know that kidneys are the cleaner of our body. The waste and toxins produced after the metabolism are discharged by kidneys. Medicines will also produce wastes and toxins, which burden the kidneys and lead to many symptoms. They may do harm on other organs, leading to diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, indigestion, stomach cramps, headache, dizziness or itchy skin. What’s worse, renal failure may occur. Therefore, patients with diabetic nephropathy should take extra care while taking those medicines.
In that case, I recommend you to try Chinese herbs. They are all natural and safe for diabetic nephropathy patients. They can treat the disease more effectively without causing kidney damage. Even more, Chinese herbs are helpful for improving renal function. If you are interested in Chinese herbs, you can talk with our doctors online or email to email@example.com.