Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) has five stages, according to GFR (glomerular filtration rate) levels. Symptom of Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 4 might be a little serious, since this stage is characterized by severely kidney damage, which will need dialysis or a kidney transplant in the near future.
Symptoms of Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease
1. Swelling. It is also called edema. You might see swollen faces, hands, legs or ankles. Fluid retention can also build up in the lungs, which has a medical term “pulmonary edema” that can lead to shortness of breath.
2. Urination changes (foamy, dark orange, brown, tea-colored or red if it contains blood; and urinating more or less than normal)
3. Anemia. This problem can lead to many symptoms like fatigue, sleepiness, weakness, and dizziness.
4. Kidney pain left in their back
5. Sleep disorder due to muscle cramps or restless leg syndrome (RLS)
6. Poor taste or metallic taste in the mouth
7. Nausea and/or vomiting
8. Bad breath caused by high urea level in the blood
9. Loss of appetite
10. Bad memory and difficulty in concentrating
11. Nerve problems: Numbness or tingling in the toes or fingers
12. Bone pain
13. Itchy skin
What can you do with Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease?
At stage 4, you should ask you doctor to have a test, evaluating the potassium, phosphorous and creatinine, hemoglobin and calcium levels in the blood and to learn how to control them within normal range. Your doctor will also monitor other conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
You dietitian may also design a kidney-friendly diet plan for you. If not, you can email to us at email@example.com for free suggestions.
You cannot ignore the importance of medications. I recommend you to take Traditional Chinese Medicines (TCMs) as they are natural and effective than over-the-counter drugs. More important, they can enhance kidney function by repairing damaged renal tissues so as to treat Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease from the root.