Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is divided into five stages according to GFR (glomerular filtration rate). CKD Stage 3 is characterized by moderate kidney damage. You can follow some home remedies to deal with this condition.
► Maintain a kidney-friendly diet
● Avoid products with added salt.
Lower the amount of sodium you eat each day by avoiding products with added salt, including many convenience foods, such as frozen dinners, canned soups and fast foods. Other foods with added salt include salty snack foods, canned vegetables, and processed meats and cheeses.
● Choose lower potassium foods.
Your dietitian may recommend that you choose lower potassium foods at each meal. High-potassium foods include bananas, oranges, potatoes, spinach and tomatoes. Examples of low-potassium foods include apples, cabbage, carrots, green beans, grapes and strawberries. Be aware that many salt substitutes contain potassium, so you should avoid them if you have kidney failure.
● Limit the amount of protein you eat.
Your dietitian will estimate the appropriate number of grams of protein you should eat each day and make recommendations based on that amount. High-protein foods include lean meats, eggs, milk, cheese and beans. Low-protein foods include vegetables, fruits, breads and cereals.
► Lifestyle Changes
● Make exercise a routine part of your life.
● Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products.
● Don’t drink alcohol or use illegal drugs.
► Several massage methods
● Get a little stretch movements
● Rub your ears and clad them tightly
● Tap your teeth in the morning and evening for 20-30 times
● Foot massage. If it is combined with Foot Bath, the effects will be better.
The above mentioned is for general Stage 3 CKD patients. As for you own condition, you should consult your doctor to make some changes.
Even thought these home remedies are helpful you, they cannot solve your problem. Timely and proper treatment is the key. For that purpose, you can get some suggestions from us.