Quite a number of patients with Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) complain they always feel fatigue. This affects their life quality and work largely. To figure out the causes and treatments of fatigue in Stage 3 CKD can help patients deal with this problem.
Causes of fatigue in Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease
In addition to cleansing blood, producing EPO and maintaining electrolyte balance are also basic kidney functions. In stage 3A kidney disease, kidney function is less than 60%, while with stage 3B kidney disease, patients’ kidneys are functioning less than 45%. Then, kidneys are unable to do their work so perfectly, and two conditions can cause patients’ fatigue.
1. Renal anemia: When kidneys can’t produce EPO normally, the body will fail to make enough red blood cells, resulting in anemia. Anemia is one cause of fatigue.
2. Build up of toxins: Toxins will build up in the body gradually along with builds up of toxins. Toxins can shorten the lifespan of red blood cells, so as to cause fatigue.
Treatments for fatigue caused by Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease
Based on the causes, treatments to deal with fatigue should include several aspects.
- Remove toxins: Detoxification medicines, enema therapy and Medicated Bath are helpful to eliminate toxins from the blood. Detoxification medicines can reduce the production of waste products and toxins, enema therapy can help increase the intestinal excretion, while Medicated Bath can prompt the skin to eliminate more waste products and toxins.
- EPO injections: This is one persistent treatment that can help increase hemoglobin level and ease anemia.
- Iron supplements: Iron is one material of red blood cells, so using iron supplements or eating more iron-containing foods is helpful to treat patients fatigue.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: A lot of Chinese medicines can help activate blood and prompt blood circulation that can take away more wastes and toxins. Then, patients can make their body stronger and get rid of fatigue.
With doctor’s guidance, patients with stage 3 kidney disease can ease their fatigue successfully.