Swelling is not a rare phenomenon, which can be caused by injury, infection, blood clots, heart or liver disease, medication side effect. Among those factor, kidney disease is the most commonly seen cause of swelling. This article is about the swollen ankles with kidney disease.
How does kidney disease cause swollen ankles?
Swelling refers to a enlarged part due to fluid blockage. When excessive fluid accumulate in the body, and swelling is east to appear in the eyelids, face, legs, hands, feet and ankles. Our kidneys are the adjusters of water balance, so when they are damaged, they cannot work adequately to discharged excessive water. As a result, swollen ankles occur.
How to relieve swollen feet?
1. Medicines: Usually, the doctor will prescribe you some diuretics to relieve swelling by increasing urine output. NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs) may also be used to reduce proteinuria so as to relieve swelling.
2. Home remedies: A hot & cold compression on the swollen ankles while elevating your swollen parts.
3. Keep a low sodium and protein diet. Some fruits and vegetables are diuretic like celery, watermelons and cucumbers, watercress and artichokes.
4. Chinese herbal tea: Compared with over-the-counter drugs, Chinese herbs are natural. You can try teas that made from corn silks, dandelion, and nettle.
5. Improve kidney function. Except for the above suggestions, improve kidney function is the key. Since swollen ankles are due to kidney function lose, improve kidney function can solve the problem from the root. But how? To achieve that goal, the target should repair the renal intrinsic cells. Here, I think you may as well try Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy. These micronized traditional Chinese medicines is to expand blood vessels, anti-inflammation, anti-coagulation and degrading extracellular matrix. All those methods is to provide oxygen and blood for the repairing of damaged renal tissues.
As long as the kidney can function well, not only swollen ankles but also other symptoms will be relieved or eliminated. Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.